I want to start by thanking each of our community members for their support over the past year.
I’d also like to thank all of our exchange partners and extended network of partners.
And finally, everything the company has accomplished this year wouldn’t be possible without our dedicated internal team: Agronomy and veterinary team, technology and dev team, design team, sales, regional directors, marketing team, Dimitra ambassadors, and all our external contractors.
Empowering farmers to make farming smarter through actionable data-driven insights would not be possible without our wonderful team and community.
As a testament to how busy the team was, here is a summary of all the projects we can release publicly.
We have grown our presence to thirteen additional regions.
Here is a list of some of our partnerships from 2023.
- Adding Traceability and Data to Your Coffee (Ahprocafe)
- Accelerating the Adoption Rate of Technology (KEPM Projects)
- Partnership between ABRAFRUTAS and Dimitra yields positive results for the fruit sector in Brazil (update)
- Empowering Kenya’s Avocado Farmers with OMA
- Social and Economic Empowerment of Women Cocoa Producers (REDMUCH)
- Building Blockchain-enabled Community Cattle Farms (SASPRI)
- Dimitra Teams up with Libyan Solar Company (The Libyan Solar Power Co.)
- Tackling Fall Armyworm Infestations in Papua New Guinea with Advanced Drone Solutions (update)
- Using Advanced AgTech to Digitize Libya’s Agriculture Sector (AI-ASA Agriculture Project)
- Integrating Cattle Farms Based on Blockchain Technology (JAMBI)
- Dimitra Collaborates with Satinaki Coffee Cooperative in Peru to Advance Coffee Production
- Advancing Coffee Farms in the Jazan Region of Saudi Arabia (SUT/JAZAN)
- Driving the Digital Transformation of Fruit Production in Roraima (RORAIMA)
What’s more, Dimitra won some exciting awards this year!
We were awarded the 2023 Government Blockchain Association Annual Achievement Award in the Social Impact category in May. This award acknowledges what Dimitra is doing as a company and what it has in store for the future. Social impact is more than just an idea. It is one of the main goals that it works toward each and every day.
In August, we were awarded the Blockchain-based AgTech Solution Of The Year in the 4th annual AgTech Breakthrough Awards. The Annual Awards Program recognizes innovation in agricultural and food technologies around the globe. Agriculture feeds the global supply chain, and we want to provide a solution from farm to plate. We will continue to expand our platform’s capabilities and deliver more value to farmers and, by extension, their communities, regions, and countries.
Another important milestone to look back on is that Dimitra had its 2-year Kucoin listing anniversary on September 22, 2023.
In 2023, the teams at Dimitra were very busy! Please find a brief summary of each platform’s technical achievements below.
In 2023, Dimitra analyzed 65 crops in detail for various countries in the Connected Farmer App. We continued working on our Marketplace module.
The team also added the following Reports:
- Crop Comprehensive Reports
- Crop Recommendation Reports
Livestock Guru Platform:
- The current platform has been improved through the process of debugging and additional discussions with the agriculture experts.
- Added the following New Features:
- Aggregated Reports
- Feed Management
- Performance Tracking
- Genetic Advancements
3. Launched the following modules:
- Feed Management
The Dimitra NFT Program is currently being offered through the Dimitra portal. Once completed, it will be a web3 platform that allows organizations to develop a farming project, collect funds from donors, and access the Dimitra Connected Farmer Application and Dimitra Marketplace for their recipients.
- Launched the Connected Cacao App in the Google Play Store
- Completed the following functionalities:
- My Plantation
- Purchasing Order
- Fermentation Process
- Registered Drying
- Connected Cacao Admin Panel Release
- Connected Cacao Android Modular approach implementation
We have completed the web platform and started working on converting the web version into a mobile application (Part of the Connected Farmer app). Dimitra’s new satellite deforestation detector helps farmers and traders around the globe access accurate data about deforestation activity for EUDR compliance purposes. Farmers will have the necessary tools to maintain production and adhere to these new regulations, ensuring the continuation of supply chains and access to lucrative markets through sustainable farming.
Land Suitability Scorecards
We launched a primary scorecard for farmers and agricultural financial companies.
It allows stakeholders to understand the potential and the risks associated with the land and evaluate the level of investment needed to grow their crop successfully while simultaneously collecting fundamental information to provide data-driven recommendations to farmers, helping them improve their farming operations throughout the year.
Data Science Apps
The data science team has created a series of apps, including a pest disease detection app, a nutrient deficiency detection app, a fruit counting app, a degree of damage app, and others that are utilized by simply taking a picture of the crop. We are working on other apps that are launching soon, such as a yield prediction app, nutrient and lime calculators, and integration with satellite reports.
As we step into 2024, it is important to note that our roadmap items are customer-driven based on current client needs and deadlines. These demands are product-specific and regional, and customers are willing to pay for certain levels of customization. Our product has a lot of interest, and we are securing many regional, cooperative-based contracts. This requires us to manage these partnerships in a different way and build our roadmap based on customer needs (with multiple options for training and rollout).
With that being said, we are focused on expanding the following programs and modules on the following:
- Our Real-World Asset lending and investment programs
- Connected Coffee and Connected Cacao
- Deforestation opportunities
- Marketplace for coffee, cocoa, and avocados
- Our AI reports and lending tools
- Signing 25+ cooperative deals
Every day I am thankful to wake up and get to do what I love, and it wouldn’t be possible without our amazing team and community, so thank you. If everything that happened this year is a testament to what is in store for 2024, I can’t wait.
All the best,
CEO @ Dimitra